Losing weight is a tough and challenging process which requires a lot of dedication and sacrifice in order to succeed. If you want to lose a lot of weight and not regain it afterwards, you should really change your dietary habits. Of course, this includes staying away from sugar and unhealthy foods and hitting the gym or getting aerobic exercise. You also need to raise the intake of fat-burning foods and drinks such as lemons.
Lemons are among the healthiest fruits we can consume. They are rich in vitamin C and other fat-burning compounds that will boost your metabolism and help the body burn fat quicker. Of course, there’s no magic diet which can help you lose weight overnight. However, being consistent and improving your diet while staying away from sugar and processed foods will greatly improve the process and help you lose weight in a short time. Lemons are a perfect addition to your diet and will easily help you burn fat.
The citrus fruit has alkalizing properties and a variety of nutrients that can improve your overall health. The vitamin C in lemons will improve the function of your immune system and prevent a variety of health problems. This vitamin is an antioxidant that can rejuvenate your tissues and prevent the damage free radicals can do to your body. Besides vitamin C, lemons contain folic acid, vitamin B6, fiber, potassium, folate and other nutrients which will boost your digestion and help improve your metabolism which will lead to weight loss. Regular consumption of lemons will also detoxify your body of toxins and waste which is essential for the weight loss process. Additionally, lemons are diuretic in nature and are full of citric acid, a compound that can prevent kidney stones and promote weight loss.
Lemons can help you lose up to 20 pounds in only 2 weeks if you know how to incorporate them in your diet. The best way to benefit from all their properties is to add lemon water to your morning routine. Here’s how:
- Day 1: squeeze 1 lemon in a glass of water
- Day 2: squeeze 2 lemons in 2 glasses of water
- Day 3: squeeze lemons in 3 glasses of water
- Day 4: squeeze 4 lemons in 4 glasses of water
- Day 5: squeeze 5 lemons in 5 glasses of water
- Day 6: squeeze 6 lemons in 6 glasses of water
- Day 7: squeeze 3 lemons in 10 glasses of water
- Day 8: squeeze 6 lemons in 6 glasses of water
- Day 9: squeeze 6 lemons in 5 glasses of water
- Day 10: squeeze 4 lemons in 4 glasses of water
- Day 11: squeeze 3 lemons in 3 glasses of water
- Day 12: squeeze 2 lemons in 2 glasses of water
- Day 13: squeeze 1 lemon in a glass of water
- Day 14: squeeze 3 lemons in 10 glasses of water
To prevent damaging the enamel on your teeth, drink a glass of water after the lemon water. Follow the course of the lemon diet for 2 weeks and eat a healthy diet as well for best results. Of course, you’ll need to add some cardio in your daily routine in order to boost your metabolism and burn fat faster.
article and image source: http://organicfoodmedicine.com