Avocados are extremely popular since they are highly nutritious and can enrich any meal with their flavor and color.
This amazing fruit is really delicious and offers us a wide variety of vitamins like E, K and C as well as fiber and potassium. It is also full of a type of oil which is extremely healthy.
Many of the new diets contain avocado. It is really appreciated by nutritionists and experts who recommend it.
In this article, we’re going to share some great news with you: now you don’t have to buy avocados and suspect their quality! You can grow them at home in a very easy way!
This is the process of preparation:
- Take out an avocado seed. Use 4 toothpicks and stick them in it at an equal distance. They should be on half way down from the top.
- The seed should be put into a cup filled with water. Make sure it’s in about an inch of water inside. Let it stay in a warm place that isn’t on direct sunlight from 2 to 6 weeks.
- When you notice the roots and the stem have sprouted and its length has reached about 6 inches, cut the avocado to 3 inches. The leaves should be left to develop well. The roots should become stiff.
- When you’re ready to plant it, fill a pot of about 10 inches in diameter with a soil that is abundant in nutrients. The seed should be planted in a small hole in the center.
- The roots should be inside the ground. You should see half of them. Make sure the pot is made of terracotta. It should have a hole in its bottom so that it could be drained well.
- Use plenty of water to water the roots every day. In case the leaves become yellow and droopy, the seed should be left to dry out. Then, use only a small amount of water to water it. In case the leaves of your avocado plant are brown, the reason is probably not enough water. If this is your case, the pot should be put in the sink. Leave some water to run through it. Afterwards, you should drain it thoroughly.
You have to care for your avocado tree properly. After a while, the first fruits will start to form. Enjoy your own organic avocados and use them every day!
Article and image source: https://readanddigest.com